If you're interested in finding out more about the wars fought through the ages, this book is perfect for you. Wars such as the Battle of Alesia, Napoleonic Wars, and World War II are mapped out so that readers can follow the geography of these epic battles.
Battles Map by Map puts you in the seat of famous generals and commanders such as Rameses II, Napoleon, and Alexander the Great who expertly planned their attacks by studying the plains on which they would take place.
Inside this luxurious history book for adults you'll discover:
- Around 80 specially made, easy-to-follow main maps clearly show the course of famous battles throughout history
- Fascinating contemporary maps illustrating over 100 significant battles
- Timelines that show events chronologically
- Stunning historic images bringing history to life on the page
- Easy-to-read text explaining the events of some of the world's biggest battles
- Additional contextual information on key technologies, leaders, armies, and more
Broadcasting journalist and historian, Peter Snow, provides a foreword for this marvellous military book. From ancient to modern battles, he provides context for the world's most famous wars, both won and lost. See for yourself how tactics, technology, vision, and luck have all played a part in the outcome of wars throughout history.
Bursting with lavish illustrations and full of fascinating detail, this history book is the ultimate gift for map lovers, military history enthusiasts, and armchair generals everywhere. SI Battles Map by Map takes you right to the heart of the action. Famous commanders and military leaders are profiled; and the impact of groundbreaking weapons and battlefield innovations is revealed.
Complete the Series:
The Map by Map series includes other titles such as History of the World Map and World War II Map by Map, each detailing historical events and placing them in the context of geography. DK's luxurious Map by Map books are fantastic history gifts, packed with fascinating facts, high-quality photography, and detailed profiles and descriptions of people and events.